A filter housing is a casing around a filter cartridge or bag in a liquid or gas stream.Rosedale filter housings come in many sizes and styles, and can serve as a bag filter housing, cartridge filter or basket strainer. The filter housings are opened without special tools, and the element is easily cleaned or replaced.
Factors to Consider in Filter HousingsBecause there are many sizes and styles of bag filter housings, selecting the best filter for your filtration system is important. In order to decide what kind of filter is suitable for your application, you need to know a few pieces of information.
Some criteria to consider when choosing the correct filter housing include:
- Maximum pressure and temperature
- Chemical and physical composition
- Type of duty
- What contaminants need removal
- Maximum flow rate
- Line size and type
- Level of filtration required
- Cost, response time, service life, and interval requirements
Knowing the type of duty will help you decide the ideal configuration for the housing.
The amount of contaminants to be removed and the level of filtration required determine the proper pore size of the filter element. Selecting the best size for your filter housing requires balancing your mechanical requirements with what you’re willing to spend. If you need long service intervals, for example, you would need a larger filter. This would require buying a more expensive filter than the smallest size.
Click here to view our application and size chart to determine exactly what you need.
Properties of Bag Filter HousingsFilter housings from Rosedale Products offer many beneficial features, including:
- Single filter housing, multi-basket, cartridge, duplex and multiplex units available
- Low pressure drops
- Permanently piped housings
- Sure-sealing covers, opened without special tools
- Carbon steel, stainless steel (304 or 316), or all-plastic (polypropylene) construction
- Large-area, heavy-duty baskets or cartridge internals
- Easy to clean
- Adjustable-height legs (single units) or low profile (multi units)
- Differential pressure indicators (optional)
- ASME code stamp available
- Liquid displacers that minimize product loss during basket or bag removal (optional)
- Dual stage straining/filtering (optional)
Bag Filter Housings from Rosedale Products
We offer basket strainer and bag filter housings in many models, sizes, and pressure ratings. These housings can also be complemented with accessories such as our differential indicators and liquid displacers.
Our multi-basket strainers and multi-bag filter housings are available in many styles, and offer many flow and contaminant-holding capabilities. All of our multi-basket models are also available as duplex filters.
Cartridge filters are offered as standard, high flow cartridge, and jumbo element housings. They can accommodate 1 to 205 cartridges and can be supplied with an ASME code stamp.
Our fabricated basket strainers are available in standard designs and can also be custom manufactured to meet your specific filter requirements. Our standard basket strainers are built in accordance with ASME code.
These filter housings are designed for specific applications. We offer fuel filter and oil filter housings, machine coolant filtration housings, sanitary filter housings, and more. We can work with you to find the specific housing you need for your application.
Contact Rosedale Products for Filter Housings
Rosedale Products designs the most innovative liquid filtration systems and waste minimization products in the industry. We will work with you to find the ideal filter housing for your application needs.